Last December 18, 2018, I turned 40. It was an ordinary day, much like any other except for one thing. I realized that it was time for a change.
I don’t know why turning 40 seemed more significant than my previous birthdays but events leading to that may have paved the road to make my journey more meaningful than it ever was before.
In 2018, I finally got to be transferred to a school nearer to my residence. I also transferred my daughter to the same school. This now meant spending more time with her and learning more about her.
As 2018 slowly passed, I gained new friends (Hello, Team Ugmeme!) and forged deeper friendships with my bestfriends (Jen, Gracielle and Mia) and the Olyotz gang.
While celebrating my birthday, I learned how love has snuck up on friends and although I was intrigued by the circumstances of how they met, I was not entirely uninterested.
Thus, a new resolve was born.
2019 will be the year I will put myself out there and grab the chance to live and love.
Therefore, my one true love must have all of those on my list. Here’s my list:
- He must be older than me.
- He must love and fear God.
- He must be financially secure, have a stable job or income, steadfast and loyal.
- He must be taller than me.
- He must be a good man.
- He must be a good father and a family man.
- He must love, know, respect and honor me.
- He must be attractive (to me, anyway).
- He is my best friend and my best love.
- He has a soul that knows my soul.
Somehow, after having this list, I feel that whoever is out there for me will eventually find me.
This is as clear-cut as it can get. There will be a few snakes out there but I know God will look out for me.
Have a wonderful 2019 to all of us! Cheers!