For the Love of Family Part 2

My uber tired baby

My uber tired baby

After a hectic day of playing, the kiddos eventually fell asleep due to exhaustion. However, the evening looms with a promise of a dinner date with my friends at Maple (Edsa Shangr-la) and a night cap with Peter (whom Heaven expected to have the ability to fly, given his name).

After a wonderful time with Suby, Ferna and Peter, we went home and slept soundly. The next day promised to be another busy day.

We met up with my parents at Oceana. We will be riding the Prestige Cruises‘ ferry along Manila Bay. The trip costs 650php per person and kids under 5 years old can join for free.

It was a nice experience since it’s Heaven’s first time on a boat. We left at 6pm and our cruise ended around 8pm. Just enough time to go to Mall of Asia and drop a few more hundred bucks at Tom’s World to make Heaven happy.


cruisin’ along Manila de Bay


Heaven’s first boat trip!


Heaven is one happy sailor!

We went back to Eleganza Apartelle and prepared for our trip to Bulacan the following day.

We headed to the Cubao Bus Terminal and rode a bus for San Ildefonso, Bulacan. It was a comfortable ride. Heaven was exempted from the fare however, to ensure that she can keep her seat, we paid for her at a discounted rate. Not bad. Good thing as well, since she slept halfway through the trip. We left around 10:30am and arrived in my aunt’s home by 12:30pm.


Hello, San Ildefonso!

The welcome party was there with the videoke and lunch for us. The rest of the afternoon was spent on family bonding, playing patintero with my nieces and nephews, and singing my heart out with my cousins.

One by one, the rest of our relatives arrived, making it a jam-packed celebration.

Sadly, I didn’t bother to take tons of photos. I was literally exhausted after Day 1 and Day 2 was not much better. The summer heat was beating me down to a pulp of sweat. We jumped into the pool in the morning but it wasn’t enough.

The evening was better with its light breeze and we were able to celebrate a grand reunion as planned. I sang “Circle Game” by Joni Mitchell. I danced “Vogue” with my cousins and in the end, went back to the hotel room, happy and tired.

The following day was our last day. Heaven and I went ahead to Manila because my mom arrived and we all planned to go to Manila Ocean Park in the afternoon.

The last leg of my trip on my next post!


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s