Today, Heaven and I went to file my NC II certification at the Tesda regional office. I was quite pleased with the service rendered by our Tesda officials. Courteous and friendly, they asked me to return the following week to get my certificate. Awesome! I thought it would take me a month of waiting.
Later on, we met Gra at Something Sweet and then had an early dinner at Redtail Shrimps & More.
It was a scrumptious meal. We ordered a pound of shrimps in Redtail sauce and pork kebabs.
Thank you, Ninang Gracielle for the wonderful date.
A sunset dinner on the beach…
It’s one of those nights when I can gather some of my thoughts. After watching a romantic flick on HBO, I mentally listed down what my dream dates would be. I have come up with this list:
- Dinner by the sea. A clear night sky, the cool breeze, a table for two. It would be a great way to know someone better. Not much people to make talking easier and both me and my date can actually focus on each other. Later on, maybe a walk on the beach can be arranged.
- A dinner and movie. Hopefully, it would be at a nice restaurant, known for its great cuisine. Then a romantic comedy flick that can put me at ease. Maybe some coffee afterwards.
- A day at an outdoor bookstore. Since I love books, a quiet afternoon with my fave authors would be delightful. Hopefully, there’s a place wherein you can actually read a book while sipping iced coffee or tea. It would be nice to know what kind of books my date would choose to read with me.
- A museum tour. It can be art, artifacts or plain history, I wouldn’t care. I love learning about the past and seeing them come alive before me. That would be a treat.
- Nature-trippin’. A visit to the zoo, or a nature park will do. I love nature and if my date shares the same sentiment then that would be awesome.
- Cycling. This would not do on a first date but maybe on the fourth or fifth one. It has been ages since I last rode a bicycle. I would be trusting my date not to let me fall flat on the pavement. However, the pleasures of cycling is not lost to me. Besides, this can also help us both be fit and healthy.
I guess, that’s it. These are all realistic enough that it can happen. There’s no harm in dreaming, anyway.
It was all a blur to me. I could hear her screaming and trying her best to get away from me. She really doesn’t get it at all. There’s no other way. This was the only way I can be with the love of my life.
When she left me without saying goodbye, I hid my feelings of hurt, anger and despair from everyone. She was my light, she was my reason for being. I used to believe that our love was pure and true. Then somehow, everything went wrong.
Now, she’s gone.
But I know how to make her come back to me.
The cold and heavy knife I held jerked me to the present. I must be brave. I must not falter in what I’m about to do.
Her pitiful whimpers were music to my ears. Soon, my love will be flying back home, asking for my forgiveness for slinking away like a thief in the night. Soon.
I held her down forcefully. My legs pinning her down as she tries to escape from my death grip.
Her final words were pleas of mercy that fell on deaf ears.
“Papa, please don’t kill me!!!”
Our seven year old daughter would make my wife come back to me. This, I am sure of.
It was an ordeal that I could have missed altogether. The choice was there but deep down, it was never really a matter of choosing. It was simply an inevitable series of events that led me to the operating table. Dazed as they cut me open and panicking at the thought of people simply throwing my flap of skin to expose my uterus.
I did not really get it at first. It was too cold and too quiet. I could feel the icy slab of the operating table and hear the ticking of the seconds hand of the clock.
Then a loud cry erupted.
I dimly heard them say that it’s time to sew me up.
I woke up and saw her.
When someone gets to be placed in the “friend zone”, they seem to think it’s a bad thing. I, for one, think otherwise.
I’m proud to say that some of my true friends are guys. They teach me great lessons in life and in love. They are brutally honest, are not afraid to mince words and call me out when I’m making a fool out of myself or I’m about to do something stupid.
This is pretty much what my girl BFFs do as well. However, women friends can be cautious and tactful. The men, not so much.
I’m lucky enough to have met guys whom I was attracted to at first, but somehow, a friendship blossomed that surpassed those feelings. In my youth, I acted on some of them and lost the friendship but after a few scrapes, it seemed wiser to simply become friends and the rewards are priceless.
I have several guy friends that I can consider friends for life. They are amazing men who eventually married and started their own families. They are successful in varying degrees in their chosen careers and are pretty much the salt of the earth. What makes them a blessing is when we do meet or get together, they continue to look out for me and care for me like they would for a sibling.
Not many people can truly get our relationship. Some still raise their eyebrows or even press imaginary issues of what ifs and why nots. Surprisingly, we can take it in stride and move on with life as it is.
Here’s a video on how truly rewarding it is to nurture a friendship with the opposite sex.
Care to agree or disagree on this?
It’s one of those days. Blame it on summer, blame it on my laziness to exercise, blame it on my genes. This is me, looking one of my beloved aunts, Joanna Anthony.
I miss her. I miss her wisdom and her sunny disposition amidst all trials.
I do wish I can be just like her, nowadays.