Ever since I underwent Lasik surgery, many people ask me how it was and if my eyesight is really good. I had my surgery more than 10 years ago. My vision is no longer 20/20 but I still don’t need spectacles to read or watch TV from afar. Before you try and get any Lasik surgery done, here are 3 things you should take into account:
- Lasik surgery is a pain-free procedure that normally takes only 15 minutes or so. It aims to correct your vision. Recovery time is only about a few days.
- You must go to a reputable clinic like the Stahl Eye Center where doctors like Dr. Thierry Hufnagel, are skilled surgeons who can perform the procedure with perfect precision.
- All your queries on how the procedure will happen, cost, after care and more are easily answered and supplementary materials are provided to help ease your worries.
Good luck to all who wants clear vision back. 🙂
I went to the mall today. Just to escape the blackout. While looking for pillows, the saleslady suddenly exclaimed, “Have you noticed how many anodynes there are laying around on the floor?”
I turned to her with a look of incredulity. I have no idea what anodynes are. I had to look it up when I get home.
So I did just that and they were analgesics. Pain relievers.
This policy is valid from 28 April 2010
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
I noticed that in our society, more and more women are choosing to be single mothers rather than walking down the aisle and saying “I do” to the man of their dreams. It is a matter of choice, conscience and making the right and best decision for yourself and your child/children.
I also found out that there are many celebrity single mothers who are making waves in their careers and home life. Finding out of them, empowered me and uplifted my spirits. Here are some of those influential celebrity single moms who can slink into Sexy Dresses, aprons, stillettos, cleaning gloves and more yet still get to kick ass and raise brilliant kids:
There are times when i get really fearful about what the future will bring. These days, you can never tell what can happen. However, my super gay cousin have learned how to deal with feelings of insecurity and fear. Here are 3 things he taught me that helped me keep my head up high and face life head on.
- Beauty is Power – He preaches this mantra to me every time we meet. I rarely see him without any make-up. He told me that making sure I look great by taking time to put on make-up spells C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-C-E. This is my shield against anything I may encounter. Some people would say that the natural look is good enough but I soon discovered how right my gay cousin was. People often take you more seriously when you are made up. In doing so, this boosts up your self, making you confident and more beautiful.
- Accessorize – The right accessories are essential in looking good. I noticed that gay men are meticulous when it come to their appearance. I also notice that they make looking good easy. My gay cousin would dress casually but with the right accessories, he comes looking glam. A cute cap, some dangling earrings or hoop earrings, a huge bangle or wide belt are some of the pieces I learned that can make your day to day wardrobe get an instant makeover.
- Be True To Yourself – Not everyone can be brave to come out of the closet and admit that they are gay. Some would rather live in a lie. I learned how being honest on who you are and what you really want in life can help put things into perspective more easily. Prioritizing the things you value most are now more clear. Being courageous is all about taking risks and taking risks is all about living.
Dear readers, I hope these can be of help to you as they were to me.
*To MJ, thank you. I am a better person because of you.
Sigh, it has been quite a while since I got to blog about movies I recently watched. I have been swamped with so much stuff lately. Finally, here is an update but I have to say that I’m focusing on the movies I think you should not bother to watch because they are quite awful:
- The Ugly Truth and The Bounty Hunter–Gerard Butler should really just stick to action films. I liked him in 300. I even liked him in Gamer, Butterfly on a Wheel and Phantom of the Opera. Oh,in P. S. I love you too. But the two attempts in romantic comedy? He failed. He should stick to action, thriller, suspense or drama.
- Date Night-You would expect that a mash-up of The Office and 30 Rock stars would make the movie hilarious. Sad to say, two excellent comedians in one movie is too much. They both suddenly became ordinary.
- Repo Men-total rip-off.
- Green Zone-Sometimes, it seems that once you’ve seen a war movie in Afghanistan, you have seen them all. I slept through the Hurt Locker. I didn’t even bother to watch this halfway.
- Daybreakers-another lame vampire film. I only watched it because of Ethan Hawke.
- Legion-I thought it would be apocalyptic. I would rather watch reruns of Supernatural.
- Invictus-The story was boring. If you think there was any action on the field, guess again. It was all talk no play.
So instead of buying dvds, I’m going to just watch movies online for free. Just recently I watched Got2Believe (which was good!) and I am now waiting for Leap Year to upload. At least if I do like the movie, I’ll buy a copy of it then. i found this new site for doing just that. There is a small fee to download the movies you want but the quality of the films is worth it.
As a work at home mom, I am always on the lookout for new ways to earn money. I came up with several ideas like making my own accessories (I did this before in college), teach private classes for dance, tutor kids and of course, blogging. From my blog, I do earn but not as much as I would want to. So with new sites like the U-2-Me The Knowledge Exchange, of course, it piques my interest.
The site is similar to that of article directories that makes you an expert but it also involves social networking and partly like affiliate marketing because you get a commission for sold products as well.
I am also thinking about venturing into affiliate marketing but I still need to do further research on it.
My mom just loves sending me toys and books for Labyu. We also received a lot of toys from relatives. However, I noticed that some of them are either too bulky or heavy for her to play with at 5 months. So I did some research and found out the appropriate toys for babies and toddlers:
Birth to 9 months: mobiles, busy boxes, rattles, pop-up toys, chunky board, cloth books, and chew toys
9 to 18 months: plastic toys or tools, play food, push and pull toys, balls, shape sorters, and animal toys
18 to 36 months: play dough, finger paints, action figures, dolls, and stuffed toys
Although the books will not be in use until Labyu learns how to read but the pictures are great so she can learn colors and more. I also enjoy reading the books to her. 🙂
Iced Coffee- 1 sachet of a 3-in-1 coffee, glass filled to the brim with crushed ice, half a cup of hot water. Pour the coffee in the cup of hot water. Mix. Then pour contents in the glass. Iced coffee at home!
If you want mocha, add a sachet of malt chocolate like Milo while mixing the coffee in the hot water.
Lazy to have a manicure or pedicure and you’re crunched for time? Try to use a colorless nail polish with silver dust or gold dust in it. Your nails will look glam in an instant. If you make any mistakes in the application, it will not be obvious at all.