Let me just breathe.
So I’m done with work and it’s 1am. Labyu is asleep and soon I will be joining her. I pray that God will continue to be my strength so I can do all the things I need to do everyday.
A stay-at-home mom is not as easy as it sounds. If you watched Uma Thurman‘s movie called Motherhood, then you will know what I mean. Although the movie flopped, it certainly tried its best to portray how motherhood is not an easy undertaking.
My day goes like this:
- 2am or 4am-feed my daughter
- 6am or 7am-I wake up and more often than not, Heaven wakes up too. Then I have breakfast and feed her. Or it can go the other way around.
- 8am to 10am is me doing the dishes and if possible, laundry or ironing. If not, it would be me trying to make Labyu fall asleep so I can try to get some work done.
- 10am-11am-bath time for Heaven and hopefully she will sleep after taking her vitamins. If not, then it would be me playing with her until lunch is ready.
- 12nn-lunch prepared by my father.
- 1pm to 4pm is supposedly my time to really work but if Labyu is awake, forget getting any work done. I will be moving that fr the evening at 9pm to 12mn.
- 5pm would be MY bath time.
- 6pm is feeding time again for me and Labyu.
- 8pm would be the time I try to make her fall asleep.
- 9pm to 12mn is my allotted time to work but that gets interrupted because Labyu can sense I’m not beside her in bed so she wakes up every hour and I always try to put her back to sleep. All those interruptions would make me finish work at 1am or 2am.
Then it all starts all over again.
I remember this episode in Friends where Phoebe’s brother Frank Jr. asked her to take one of the triplets because he haven’t slept in four years. Well, now I do know what he meant. Sometimes, I feel like I only get to sleep a solid two hours in a day.
My only escape are moments like this and some moments during the day that I can read or watch a movie.
Still, the all-time upside of all of these is that I get to spend my days with Heaven. So I may not be earning as much as I would be if I was working a regular 8 to 5 job but for now, I am glad that God is good to me. I am just not ready to give up these days with Heaven so easily. Not now because time flies by so fast and before I know it, she would be an adult and will soon want to live on her own. Ugh.