If you have recently lost your job or broke up with someone then, I bet you’re feeling extremely awful. After much thinking and blaming on the world, yourself and even on your dog, you should take a chill pill and just stop.
Here are 6 ways I have learned on handling setbacks in life:
- Look at the situation differently. You might say that it’s impossible because if you don’t have a job, you really don’t have a job. But that’s the beauty of it all. Now you can do anything you want. You can be a comedian, sell waffles from a cart, be a singer or an actress! Be the one person you wished you could be. This is your chance to follow your heart.
- Stop wallowing. Seriously, enough with the self-pity. Stop bringing yourself down. So this is one failure that you can’t salvage, so don’t. Move on to greener pastures. Move on to happier thoughts.
- Persevere and you shall be rewarded. Okay, so you won’t exactly get everything right the first time. You need to try and try again. Don’t let failure discourage you. Just keep your faith and you will soon reap what you sow.
- Focus on your goal. Really, keep your eye on the prize. If the prize is a new girlfriend, then remember that always. Motivate yourself with thoughts of achieving what you’re aiming for. Don’t be tempted by false promises or scams. Be on your toes.
- Get used to change. New situations means adjusting to everything. This can be frustrating sometimes because we always want to be in control of things that can affect us. Still, learn to be flexible. Give others a chance and cut yourself some slack. Change is good.
- It’s never too late. Do you hear stories of people who didn’t get to finish school and it was only when they turned 80 or something that they did? Age is just a number. Don’t let it stop you from accomplishing your dreams.
You may feel stumped at times and you might think that your life is not really going anywhere, stop it right there. You have a whole world in front of you. Take a deep breath and just live.