As the title indicates, this post is all about the 3 songs from Madonna that gave meaning to my life.
- Crazy For You-I know it has been oversung in every karaoke place I have been but each time I fall in love, this song just keeps popping in my head.
- Vogue-I think every woman should have that song that would make her feel like a woman. For me, this is THE song. Confidence, style, beauty and dance in one song which Madonna has reinvented in her concerts. Strike a pose, there is really nothing to it!
- You’ll See-Every time I feel like I’m weak, helpless and beaten, this is the song I listen to.
To close, here is the song.
I just realized that taking care of a baby with long hair is not a good idea. With my long hair growing down to my waist, I am beseiged with three problems.
First, falling hair. My hair is no longer curly but wavy. My hair falls anywhere!
Second, my hairstyle is stuck to a ponytail or a bun. Anything else will have my daughter’s hand twisting and yanking loose hair.
Last but not the least, it’s summer. It’s so hot!!! I am sweating profusely here. And it’s even only half past midnight. There’s no breeze at all.
To banish bad hair days (which became everyday for me), here are a few ideas:
- Low ponytails for a more polished look. Try adding a bit of pomade to make you look sleek and chic.
- Change the way you part your hair. Doing this can give you a definite new look.
- Get a new hairstyle. A shorter one, that is.
I am seriously thinking of the last option. However, tomorrow, I’m asking my father to cut my hair from waist-length to shoulder-length. The heat is unbearable and my hair is not making it any easier to cope with.
My first panic attack was after I gave birth to my daughter. There were some inconsistencies on our hospital bills and there was also the fact that I could not bring my baby home with me because she was still under a five-day medication.Stress started to set in and then before I knew it I felt something constricting my breath and my chest. It was awful.
Most people have no idea that panic attacks can just happen to anybody. Here is a list of the signs of a panic attack. If four or more is what you suddenly experience and they only begin to fade in about 10 minutes or so, then it was a panic attack.
- shortness of breath
- you feel terrified because you’re not in control of the situation
- increased heart rate
- numbness or tingling in your fingers or toes
- chest pain
- sudden chills
- a sense of detachment
- as if something is choking you
- vertigo or dizziness
To manage panic attacks is not easy. For me, it took some prescribed medication and a lot of destressing activities. If you feel that there’s another attack coming, you can try to do a different activity to distract yourself. You can also try to talk and reassure yourself that you’re okay and you can get through with it. After the symptoms are gone, do take a chill pill and just relax.
Let me just breathe.
So I’m done with work and it’s 1am. Labyu is asleep and soon I will be joining her. I pray that God will continue to be my strength so I can do all the things I need to do everyday.
A stay-at-home mom is not as easy as it sounds. If you watched Uma Thurman‘s movie called Motherhood, then you will know what I mean. Although the movie flopped, it certainly tried its best to portray how motherhood is not an easy undertaking.
My day goes like this:
- 2am or 4am-feed my daughter
- 6am or 7am-I wake up and more often than not, Heaven wakes up too. Then I have breakfast and feed her. Or it can go the other way around.
- 8am to 10am is me doing the dishes and if possible, laundry or ironing. If not, it would be me trying to make Labyu fall asleep so I can try to get some work done.
- 10am-11am-bath time for Heaven and hopefully she will sleep after taking her vitamins. If not, then it would be me playing with her until lunch is ready.
- 12nn-lunch prepared by my father.
- 1pm to 4pm is supposedly my time to really work but if Labyu is awake, forget getting any work done. I will be moving that fr the evening at 9pm to 12mn.
- 5pm would be MY bath time.
- 6pm is feeding time again for me and Labyu.
- 8pm would be the time I try to make her fall asleep.
- 9pm to 12mn is my allotted time to work but that gets interrupted because Labyu can sense I’m not beside her in bed so she wakes up every hour and I always try to put her back to sleep. All those interruptions would make me finish work at 1am or 2am.
Then it all starts all over again.
I remember this episode in Friends where Phoebe’s brother Frank Jr. asked her to take one of the triplets because he haven’t slept in four years. Well, now I do know what he meant. Sometimes, I feel like I only get to sleep a solid two hours in a day.
My only escape are moments like this and some moments during the day that I can read or watch a movie.
Still, the all-time upside of all of these is that I get to spend my days with Heaven. So I may not be earning as much as I would be if I was working a regular 8 to 5 job but for now, I am glad that God is good to me. I am just not ready to give up these days with Heaven so easily. Not now because time flies by so fast and before I know it, she would be an adult and will soon want to live on her own. Ugh.
Have you noticed that when it’s summer time, lots of people sport a shorter haircut? It’s obvious that the reason for this is the uber warm weather. But for some people like me, I have another reason why I’m seriously thinking of doing away with my long tresses.
It’s a known fact that everyday, we shed about 100 or so hairs. Yes, this is the reason why there are strands on your hairbrushes and on the drainage in your bathroom. However, during summer, there is an increase on the number of falling hair. This is only for the summer season though.
As for me, I think I’m shedding about 200 hairs (or more!) and they are everywhere. I’m already annoyed on trying to remove them from the bed, on my daughter, anywhere!
So come this summer, I am so cutting my hair for a short bob. Hopefully just in time for my daughter’s baptism.
Here is my baby bag essentials (for a day trip which would last for about 5 to 6 hours only) which I want to share:
If your baby is formula-fed, then milk and two baby bottles with distilled water would be included. Overall, the bag would not be too heavy to lug around while you’re holding your baby.
It’s summer time and what better way to earn money than buy selling your own stuff? Yes, de-clutter your house and earn from it. Besides, you need to make room for all the new things you can buy from the money you got with the garage sale.
Here are your choice picks for things to sell that will surely have all your neighbors checking your sale:
- Old DVDs, CDs and cassette tapes-Surely, you don’t intend to keep Saw 1 to5?
- Clothes that don’t fit you and you have no intention of wearing in 2010
- Overused flip-flops, shoes and sneakers
- Wedding giveaways, baptismal tokens-They are not decorations.
- Old magazines and books
- Old decors like vases, bowls and figurines
- Used curtains, bedsheets, blankets and pillowcases
- Trinkets like accessories you wished you hadn’t bought
Price the things you will be selling cheap. The main idea here is to dispose of them all yet gain a profit from things you don’t need, want or like anymore.